Welcome to the Gender in the Social Sciences Workshop. This workshop aims to bring together researchers working on, or interested in, gender-related topics in an informal setting that welcomes scholars from across the social sciences. We get together once a month to discuss our on-going research and exchange ideas. Previously, we had students/post-docs/faculty members from political science, economics, sociology, and anthropology who presented a range of work including working papers, research designs, and book chapters using a variety of methodologies. We invite anyone interested in gender research to join us.
We are working to get our workshop back up and running after a pandemic hiatus. If you would like to join us, please complete this form, send an email to email@example.com, or contact the faculty organizer, Andrea Aldrich (Political Science), at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2022 Schedule:
- November 9, 3:30 Rosenkranz 06
- Alex Coppock (w/ Diana Roxana Galos) "Gender Composition Predicts Gender Bias: A Meta-reanalysis of Hiring Discrimination Audit Experiments."
- If you would like a copy of this paper before the meeting, please email email@example.com
- Decemeber 7, 3:30 Rosenkranz 102
- Andrea Aldrich (w/ Zeynep Somer-Topcu) "Gender and Political Party Leadership"
Spring 2023 Schedule